30 Aug Youth Employment Program Assistant
Title: Youth Employment Program Assistant
Contract Type: 1-year part time contract, strong possibility of renewal
Commitment: 19 hours/week
Start Date: October 2018
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the Youth Employment Lead, the Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of YCI’s Pro-Innovators employment strategy.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with coordination of global youth employment programs;
- Assist with promotion and marketing of youth employment opportunities;
- Assist with recruitment, selection and providing support to interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate logistics and administration of training and innovative project activities;
- Coordinating travel logistics both domestic and international;
- Maintain strong relationships with a variety stakeholders in intercultural settings;
- Assist with research and writing for donor progress reports;
- Assist with project financial administration;
- Maintain excellent project files;
- Assist with collection and analysis project data to assist in achieving project objectives;
- Collaboration with key members from the Toronto and partner teams;
- Assist with editing and writing of materials to support youth in achieving career goals;
- Assist with the coordination of career enhancement activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Interest in livelihoods and employment for young professionals in Canada and globally;
- Some understanding of the Canadian and global youth employment landscape;
- Experience with international internships or volunteering;
- Knowledge and proficiency in administration;
- Excellent communication;
- Strong writing skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- Preference for candidates with French language skills.
Deadline to apply: September 16, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to email@example.com with Youth Employment Program Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.