07 May Youth Employment Lead
Title: Youth Employment Lead
Commitment: Full Time
Compensation: $75,000 plus comprehensive benefits
Start Date: June 17, 2019
Contract Type: Two Year Contact
Youth Challenge International (YCI) designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Youth Employment Lead will be responsible for leading the implementation of YCI’s youth/young professionals employment strategy. We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
Project Management and Administration
- Project management of global youth employment programs
- Designing, collecting and analyzing all monitoring and evaluation data for youth employment programs;
- Creation and maintenance of strong relationships with partner organizations, donors and subcontractors;
- Compiling and writing donor progress reports;
- Budget management;
- Ensuring compliance with grant agreements, internal policies and risk management strategies including information management, financial procedures and results-based management;
- Coordination and collaboration with key members from the Toronto and partner teams towards the best possible results.
- Recruitment, selection and management of interns;
- Organization and facilitation of pre-departure and reintegration training and innovative activities for young professionals;
- Provision of support, guidance and coaching during intern placements;
- Development of materials to support youth employability and intern preparation.;
- Contributing to YCI’s strategic direction in the area of youth employment
- Supporting proposal development with youth employability expertise
- Seeking out business opportunities relevant to youth employability strategic directions
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in livelihoods and employment for young professionals in Canada and globally;
- 5 years of direct program management, preferably in the youth sector; preference for experience in managing interns/volunteers and international experience;
- Knowledge and proficiency in budget management;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Experience managing interns, volunteers and staff using a collaborative, results-based, supportive approach
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the international context and Global Affairs Canada funding mechanisms;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- Preference for candidates with French language skills.
Deadline to apply: May 17, 2019
Applications will be reviewed and advanced on a rolling basis as they are received.
Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Youth Employment Lead in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.