15 Nov Senior Business Development Lead
Title: Senior Business Development Lead
Contract Type: Three months (renewable)
Compensation: $90,000-$95,000 per year
Start: December 2018
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
Under the leadership of the Director, Innovation & Sustainability, the Senior Business Development Lead will be responsible for leading innovation + design processes, identifying and developing partnerships, and supporting applications for funding. We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead different aspects of YCI’s innovation + design, proposal planning and development processes;
- Conduct research and development planning, processes and outputs;
- Develop and contribute towards identifying and building relationships with new partners and contributors.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of non-profit business development experience with a proven track record;
- Direct experience in YCI’s thematic priorities – youth development, youth livelihoods (entrepreneurship & youth employment), social finance, and gender equality — will be considered a strong asset;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the international context and Canada’s international development financing mechanisms;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Strong budget management skills;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- International travel required.
Deadline to apply: December 2, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Business Development Lead in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.