23 Apr Programs & Training Lead, Climate Programs
Contract Type: 12 months
Commitment: 5 days/week
Compensation: $72,000 per year plus benefits
Start Date: May 2021
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the centre of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Climate Programs, the Programs & Training Lead, Climate Programs will be responsible for leading the implementation of YCI’s Climate and Youth programming. The ideal candidate has demonstrated knowledge and experience in youth engagement, design thinking, designing experiential learning opportunities and delivering participatory trainings in a virtual setting. The candidate should also have a working knowledge of the climate sector and community-based climate action.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
Curriculum Design and Execution: Lead the approach and execution of training and events for youth climate action programs which includes development of program materials, leading engaging events and learning opportunities to support youth in achieving project goals. Collaborate and lead climate action team and event support staff to deliver events and learning opportunities.
Youth Mobilization and Engagement: Lead the mobilization and engagement strategy of youth participants in YCI’s climate programs. This will include leading the approach to recruitment, selection and retention of youth participants as well as the development of outreach and communications plans, in collaboration the communications team and climate action team.
Project Management and Administration: Project management of YCI’s climate action programming, including innovation and design and project cycle implementation, youth project implementation support, overseeing dynamic partnerships and consultant relationships for climate action. Support the monitoring and evaluation of climate programs through survey dissemination, data collection, analysis and reporting.
Youth Coaching and Mentorship: Lead the design and implementation of coaching and mentorship frameworks for youth, with support from the climate action team to support youth participants execute project activities and achieve outcomes through local climate action.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creative program design, curriculum development and program delivery, social entrepreneurship and innovative programming;
- 3-5 years of direct program management, preferably in the youth and/or environment sector;
- Strong skills in recruitment and participatory training methodologies and experience working with underrepresented youth groups in Canada;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Understanding of the Canadian environmental and youth landscapes;
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills, strong organizational and planning skills; exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment and ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- It would be considered an asset if a candidate has advanced French language skills.
Deadline to apply: May 14, 2021 11:59pm EDTAPPLY NOW
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.