20 Sep Program Coordinator
Title: Program Coordinator
Contract Type: 6 months, renewable
Commitment: 37.5 hours/week
Compensation: $30/hour + 3 weeks leave, prorated
Start Date: October 2019
Youth Challenge International (YCI) designs global development solutions that support youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the designated program leads, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the administration, coordination and support of youth climate action and youth employment programs.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
This position will be supporting YCI domestic and global youth programs, primarily the Innovate ME and Innovate MY Future programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate YCI youth programming efforts;
- Assist with the promotion and marketing of youth employment opportunities;
- Plan and oversee successful event implementation;
- Assist with recruitment, selection and onboarding of eligible interns and volunteers;
- Provide programmatic support to interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate logistics and administration of training and project activities;
- Coordinate and support youth in project implementation and evaluation in community projects;
- Coordinate travel logistics both domestic and international;
- Maintain strong relationships with a variety stakeholders in domestic and international multi-sector and intercultural settings;
- Assist with collection and analysis of project data;
- Assist with the analysis, writing and editing for donor progress reports;
- Assist with project financial administration;
- Maintain excellent project files;
- Collaborate with key members from the Toronto and partner teams;
- Assist with editing and creation of materials to support YCI youth programming.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the Canadian and global youth employment landscape;
- Experience with youth programming;
- Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in issues facing youth, including climate change and youth employment;
- Experience coordinating interns, volunteers; in domestic and/or international settings;
- Understanding of collaborative, results-based approach to community development;
- Critical thinker with experience in social justice and anti-oppression frameworks
- Knowledge and proficiency in administration;
- Excellent communication;
- Strong writing skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- French language skills preferred.
Deadline to apply: September 30, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to email@example.com with Program Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.