04 May Podcast Producer
Contract Type: Consultant
Commitment: Contract – end date March 31, 2022
Compensation: Total budget $15,000 ($600 per unit production at 25 units).
Start: June 1, 2021
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners, we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper. Driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world, our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the centre of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
HerStart Innovate the Future
Launched in September 2020, HerStart Innovate the Future is YCI’s program, funded by Global Affairs Canada, that propels sustainable economic development, social entrepreneurship and impact for women and their communities in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. Our goal is bold: Support 10,000 young women to become social entrepreneurs over the next 7 years.
Through the HerStart HerStory podcasts series, we will share women’s journeys to social entrepreneurship and how they are creating sustainable social impact to drive awareness and engagement for the program and promote social entrepreneurship to advance Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy’s (FIAP) key action areas – gender equality, environment and climate change, and human rights and inclusion. Topics may include the program’s approach, inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs and program participants, the innovative work of partners and the volunteer experience.
HerStart HerStory Podcast Producer
Reporting to Associate Director of Communications, the Podcast Producer will research, develop and support implementation of a podcast strategy and content plan to help drive program objectives and Canadian public engagement in Canada’s international development efforts.
- Advising positioning and promotions strategies and equipment needs: Support the completion and execution of the HerStory podcast series positioning and promotions strategies and implementation plan, including equipment required, leveraging best practices with a focus on engaging Canadians. Target completion by July 15, 2021.
- Training sessions and guides: Create a podcasting guide and training sessions to support content development and help volunteers interview program participants to share their stories. Delivery by July 31, 2021.
- Production: Produce 25 podcast episodes, including scripting, booking guests, scheduling and running recording sessions, and editing and mixing complete episodes; Work in collaboration with team members, partners and volunteers in Canada, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda to best leverage podcasts to drive program objectives. Delivery by March 31, 2022.
Skills and experience:
- You are a self-starter with 2+ years of experience in audio production experience in radio and/or podcasting
- You have excellent audio-editing skills, great ideas and sound editorial judgment
- You are proficient with field recording equipment and hardware; you possess exceptional organization and communication skills and are attentive to detail
- You are interested in or passionate about international development, gender equality, climate action and/or social entrepreneurship
- You have flexibility in your schedule (able to record, interview and run training across different time zones)
- You are a cross-cultural communicator with an inclusive and global mindset
- You have superb written and verbal English skills (bonus if you know French and/or Swahili too!)
- Your experience living and/or volunteering in Sub-Saharan Africa is a definite asset!
How to apply:
Please submit the following components in a single PDF attachment through the button below by May 16, 2021
- Breakdown of approach to execute deliverables within timelines (max 3 pages).
- Links to a minimum of 3 samples of final produced podcasts that you completed and their success metrics.
- Your CV
- Contact information for 2 previous clients to serve as a recommendation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage early submissions. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.