10 Dec Job Opportunity: Talent Acquisition Manager
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Manager level, contract
Pay rate: Competitive salary and benefits
You are tasked with attracting and engaging in the project 140 educated, energetic and creative Canadian professionals aged 21- 35 each year, over the course of the five year project, to work directly with young people in Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania, Peru, Bolivia and Indonesia.
Each will bring specific and relevant skills in areas such as entrepreneurship, business, environment sustainability, IT etc. and a passion to share these skills with the young people using the HUBS, to achieve their goals.
These are not paid positions: their reward will be in the life changing experience of living and working in a different culture, professional development and ultimately in the transformation of the lives of young people around the world through peer-to-peer relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- In response to the project’s needs, to lead and develop a responsive talent acquisition strategy to achieve the targets for short term (3 month) and long term (1 year) young professionals with the support of the Communications Team including :
- an analysis of the market, identification of talent pools and the creation of pipelines;
- targeted recruitment strategies including the use of social media, development of
- partnerships and use of networks;
- project branding and marketing;
- use of technology;
- data collection, monitoring and evaluation.
- To plan and manage the implementation of the strategy with the support of a small team, and through the performance management, supervision and coaching of the team.
- To develop cost-effective and appropriate assessment and selection tools and techniques.
- To ensure quality standards through effective and efficient policies, procedures and systems in relation to recruitment.
- To ensure quality and preparedness through pre-departure training, including the development and delivery of training and materials including online learning.
- To ensure effective pre-departure administration in relation to travel, visa and documentation.
- To support the Country Managers as appropriate, to prepare for the arrival of the young professionals in country.
- 5 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience in all aspects of talent acquisition including research, strategy, marketing and recruitment and selection;
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Evidence of developing and implementing effective and diverse recruitment strategies to meet targets, including the use of social media;
- Experience of developing assessment centres and tools including online tools;
- Appreciation of the difference between recruitment, management and support of paid staff and the contribution, implications and issues that young people ‘volunteering’ overseas may face.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with culturally and ethnically diverse young professionals, staff and partners;
- Ability to network and establish productive relations with key partners and institutions;
- Strong team player with demonstrated staff management and coaching skills;
- Strong planning, coordination and prioritisation skills;
- English and French fluency required. Spanish will be an asset.
Deadline to apply: Monday December 21, 2015 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with <strong>“Talent Acquisition Manager”</strong> in the subject line. Unfortunately no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.