04 Oct Job Opportunity: Recruitment Coordinator for EQWIP HUBs
- Company Name: Canada World Youth
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: as soon as possible
- Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
- Schedule: Full-time contract; occasional work evenings and weekends
- Annual Salary: $ 50,821.48 according to the collective agreement
- Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Recruitment Coordinator. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Ottawa, the Recruitment Coordinator will coordinate the sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and orientation of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
- Oversee the intake and selection processes of new incoming applicants including screening and evaluate through interviewing, assessments, identifying skills and experience, verifying references;
- Provide to management insight, recommendations, and business acumen regarding recruitment strategies by taking into consideration Canadian differences and the socio-demographic characteristics of youth;
- Participate in the development and coordinate the strategies implementation of recruitment;
- Help develop procedures and communication tools related to volunteer’s recruitment, evaluation and support the development and implementation of policies and orientation materials;
- Support talent acquisition through sales research, identifying opportunities, making initial contacts with a wide range of organizations;
- Participate in recruitment campaigns of volunteers and promotion activities (kiosk, conference, presentation and social media);
- Build positive on-boarding experience, managing and networking within candidate pool and maintaining relationships;
- Network with candidates who are not immediately available to create a strong pipeline of future talent;
- Contribute to volunteer placement cycle, defining assignments and designing and delivering orientation sessions;
- Monitor and report on full cycle recruitment stats and identifying trends;
- Maintain knowledge of the talent acquisition sector by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- University bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3 years’ experience in strategic recruitment;
- Experience developing, sourcing and recruitment strategies;
- Experience working in a competitive environment;
- Knowledge of the diversity and trends of Canadian youth;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Ability to develop and make presentations to a wide range of audiences;
- Excellent organizational abilities; coordination, setting priorities, and multi-tasking;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong ability to competently interact and cultivate business relationships with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective Canadian youth volunteers and institutional partners
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results;
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities and exceptional judgment;
- Initiative and creativity as well as the ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspects of their duties;
- Results driven and a reputation for accountability, and delivering high quality results within tight deadlines;
- Highly proficient in the use of the main office software, database and search engine (MS office, Outlook, Power Point, Web);
- Highly proficient with Webinar technology for online orientation sessions;
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 14th, 2016 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recruitment Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.