25 Jan Job Opportunity: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Status: Manager Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Reporting to the project Chief of Party, as a member of the management team, you will lead the development and implementation of the strategy to raise the project profile and market the EQWIP HUBs brand in order to showcase the impact of its innovative approach to partners and stakeholders and to engage past, present and future young professional Canadians in the project.
- Implement, monitor, evaluate and iterate a comprehensive communications and social media strategy to meet the needs of the project and its wider objectives;
- Develop, implement, evaluate and iterate an integrated marketing strategy to meet the project objectives and advance the EQWIP HUBs brand;
- Develop, implement and monitor and provide analysis of annual communication and marketing plans, specific projects and targets;
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the work of creative agencies, team members and suppliers to ensure effective and on budget and timely delivery of communications and marketing products;
- Design and produce creative, engaging and timely project communications, key messages, briefs, talking points, materials, marketing and printing collateral for EQWIP HUBs, CWY & YCI staff and teams and for specific campaign goals;
- Support managers across the project to develop, manage and optimize media relations and event opportunities;
- Support and work closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager to develop and implement communications and marketing material in support of business development and talent acquisition strategies;
- Integrate all social media efforts across the project, and between CWY & YCI, in order to cultivate and strengthen audiences, information sharing activities and online communities;
- Lead and oversee the design and activities related to digital media channels and web for EQWIP HUBs;
- Analyze, monitor, review and respond to the impact of the social media and web activities and enquiries;
- Respond and adapt to changes in social media trends, strategies, platforms, tools, best practices to EQWIP HUB’s advantage;
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with staff and implementing partners to source information and support their communications activities;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- 5 years of progressive experience in communications, marketing and branding including the development of related strategies directed at a variety of stakeholders;
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken) language skills. Spanish language skills are desirable;
- A strong passion and understanding of social media technologies, uses, and best practices;
- Highly proficient with Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, and others) and Mailchimp/e-mail software;
- Journalistic and corporate communications writing skills and be able to write creatively for a variety of audiences;
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel etc.), website management and proficiency with social media;
- Ideally, skilled in graphic design with experience of working with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Ideally, proficient in WordPress with fluency in HTML and CSS.
- Excellent leadership, project management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and partners;
- Strong self – motivation, energy with a collaborative spirit;
- To be able to work independently and take initiative;
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Communications and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Unfortunately no phone calls about the position can be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.