17 Nov Interim Country Manager
Title: Interim Country Manager
Location: West Africa Region (TBD)
Contract Duration: 3-4 months
Compensation: CAD$85-90,000 per annum. International accommodation, living expenses and insurance provided
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
YCI is growing in the West Africa region and seeking an Interim Country Manager to provide operational leadership and project oversight. We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assume the duties of the senior country/regional representative for Youth Challenge International;
- Provide leadership for the delivery and oversight of project activities and results
- Ensure continuity of project operations;
- Recruit and onboard a permanent local Country Manager;
- Ensure processes are in place to align the various project functions and activities with project objectives;
- Perform other duties as required by direct supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- University degree;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience at a management/director level;
- Understanding of, and compatible vision, for effective community development with a focus on networking and organizational management skills;
- Ability to work with and through partners;
- Demonstrate passion for working with youth and an understanding of the current situation for young people;
- An appreciation of the contribution of volunteers to international development and ideally, experienced in supporting or working with volunteers;
- Sound financial planning and budget management skills;
- Proven ability to develop, implement, monitor and deliver results through work plans and training plans;
- Demonstrate team management, mentoring abilities and experience supporting staff teams;
- Proven understanding and commitment to addressing gender and equity issues;
- Strong time management, planning and prioritization skills;
- Strong interpersonal, representation, negotiation and communication skills;
- Strong verbal and written English skills;
- Experience in the region is considered a strong asset.
Deadline to apply: January 20th, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Interim Country Manager in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.