12 Jul Regional Programs Impact Intern
Partner Organization: Worldreader
Partner Location: Ghana
Commitment: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Worldreader is a nonprofit championing digital reading in underserved communities to help readers build a better world. Worldreader works globally with partners to support vulnerable and underserved communities with digital reading solutions that help improve learning outcomes, workforce readiness, and gender equity. The Worldreader mobile app is completely free worldwide. When it comes to reading programs on the ground, Worldreader has worked with schools, libraries, households, and communities in 48 countries and counting.
The Regional Programs Impact Intern will draw on Worldreader’s global strategy to enhance program management practices and results across various Worldreader partnerships with schools, libraries and communities. The intern will be high-energy, results-driven, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and very effective in interfacing new partnerships and projects. The intern will ensure the integration of Worldreader’s core impact goals and values throughout their work. The intern will be comfortable in playing a key, supportive role and have the capacity to work in a small but highly results-oriented team in Ghana, West Africa.
What you’ll do:
- Support the effective and efficient management of the Worldreader projects and programs across West Africa including but not limited to: planning, implementation, quality control and reporting.
- Assist in facilitating partnership creation and management of local implementing and collaborative partners.
- Support partnership activities and meetings, ensuring alignment of projects/programs to respective country government education development objectives.
- Help to ensure that partnerships, programs and products are implemented in support of Worldreader’s global strategy and vision of cost-effective, outcomes-driven and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to the local context and the priorities of our readers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Track, analyze, and report on event plan timelines and key milestones.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in partner relationship management with a demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate successful relationships with external stakeholders.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with previous experience in event planning.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in diverse online platforms and willingness to learn new Program Management tools.
- Previous experience in monitoring and reporting is preferred.
- Strong commitment to Worldreader mission and values.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.