12 Jul Program Support Intern
Position Title: Program Support Intern
Partner Organization: EDC
Partner Location: Rwanda
Commitment: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC’s USAID Rwanda Umurimo Kuri Bose (UKB) program will prepare over 1,500 youth with and without disabilities to enter wage and self-employment. UKB will work with a network of Disabled Person’s Organizations (DPOs) in 12 districts in Rwanda to deliver work readiness training to youth, prepare employers to better host youth in workplaces, and to build linkages between youth, communities, and employers to lead to a more inclusive workforce development system.
UKB is seeking a passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young person to join the team. The Program Support Intern will support implementation and building of partner capacity in enhancing materials and monitoring the youth leadership and accompaniment program. The intern will also assist in the maintenance and training of users on EDC’s M&E systems.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support in adapting materials such as manuals, guides, and Training of Trainers (ToTs) resources to ensure accessibility for screen readers, large print, and other needs of youth with disabilities.
- With the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) department, maintain a live database of youth leaders and alumni youth leaders organized by district.
- Assist in developing a quarterly infographic for UKB activity reporting.
- Document, successes, challenges and recommendations for learning purposes.
- Provide support in writing success stories to highlight UKB’s impact.
- Contribute writing to quarterly reports and preparing slide decks for USAID monthly meetings.
- Assist in updating social media accounts with regard to program activities under UKB.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the UKB team.
- Provide additional support to M&E department as needed.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Previous experience in research, monitoring and/or reporting.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with ability to manage competing proprieties.
- Previous experience or knowledge of disabilities programming will be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to EDC’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.