12 Jul Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Partner Organization: Worldreader
Partner Location: Ghana
Commitment: 4 month placement
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Worldreader is a nonprofit championing digital reading in underserved communities to help readers build a better world. Worldreader works globally with partners to support vulnerable and underserved communities with digital reading solutions that help improve learning outcomes, workforce readiness, and gender equity. The Worldreader mobile app is completely free worldwide. When it comes to reading programs on the ground, Worldreader has worked with schools, libraries, households, and communities in 48 countries and counting.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will be an individual who is passionate about data collection, analysis and reporting. The intern will collaborate with the Global Impact and Evaluation Team to support the successful implementation of the “Adapting and Scaling Teacher Professional Development Approaches in Ghana using Technology” (GPE KIX/IDRC) project. This is a 2-year research project that seeks to contextualize, customize, test, and continuously improve upon two proven Teacher Professional Development (TPD) scale models. By generating and disseminating evidence, as well as building local ownership and capacity, the project aims to improve teachers’ access to quality TPD, inform policy and practice, and deepen the global knowledge base on large-scale teacher learning and educational scaling. The successful intern will report directly to the Regional Director for West Africa and the I&E Associate Director in San Francisco, working closely with our Research Coordinator in Ghana.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development of monitoring tools, such as surveys, reading assessments and electronic data collection templates.
- Support the team in effective data analysis and visualization.
- Support in the implementation of high quality data management practices, for documents such as the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Spreadsheets.
- Conduct a needs assessment of the project’s M&E and develop a report with findings and recommendations.
- Support in the training of staff, enumerators and partners on data collection and monitoring best practices, as required.
- Support in the communication and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Support the work of external independent consultants as needed.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation, including both quantitative and qualitative research approaches and data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for report writing and presentations.
- A good team player who is able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in data management and analysis using software such as SPSS and Tableau is considered an asset.
- A genuine interest in and understanding of international educational development and education technology.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.