12 Jul Marketing & Digital Media Intern
Partner Organization: Soronko Academy
Partner Location: Ghana
Length: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Soronko Academy is a leading technology and digital skills development center in Africa, pioneering the way for talented young women to realize their economic potential by equipping them with the technical and soft skills they need to attain dignified, fulfilling jobs and overcome the gender gap in technology. Through its wide geographic reach and suite of public and private partnerships, Soronko Academy cultivates the next generation of female innovators who leverage their critical thinking skills and entrepreneurial spirit to create solutions that address their community’s most pressing problems.
The Soronko Business Solution Center is an initiative of Soronko Academy to help transition women from the classroom to the workplace and to generate revenue to train more women for free. The Center runs innovative services centered on web and mobile app development, social media management, graphic design, printing, photocopying, scanning and passport pictures. Profits from the Center are used to offer more free training to young women from underprivileged backgrounds. The Marketing and Digital Media Intern will be a creative, passionate and innovative individual who will support the Business Solution Center Manager to succesfully market, advertise and sell the services. The intern will also support in conducting market research and telling the impact stories of the training and career transition programs.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan to support the achievement of the Soronko Business Solution Center.
- Contribute to the implementation of key marketing strategies for marketing both the services and impact of the Business Solution Center.
- Organize creative marketing activities and/or brand activations to raise Soronko brand awareness.
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media platforms.
- Effectively liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote activities and support the development of strong partnerships and stakeholder relations.
- Support in the monitoring and evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of communications activities.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth across the organization.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Previous experience and interest in marketing and/or sales of products and services.
- Previous experience with digital media, diverse online platforms and/or storytelling.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced ability to work on a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be proactive, take initiative and work independently.
- Strong research, strategic thinking and organization skills.
- Previous experience in market research and/or monitoring and evaluation will be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to Soronko’s mission and values, including anti-discrimination, youth and women’s empowerment.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.