12 Jul E-Learning Education Intern
Partner Organization: EDC
Partner Location: Rwanda
Commitment: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world
Building Resilience in TVET through E-learning (BRITE) is a 2-Year project funded by the Mastercard Foundation and implemented by Education Development Center (EDC) in support and close collaboration with Rwanda Polytechnic (RP) and Rwanda TVET Board (RTB). BRITE will integrate e-learning into Technical and Vocational Education (TVET) trainings and learning. BRITE support will focus on the following components (1) Transferable employability skills through interactive audio lessons, (2) Technical trade-based e-learning and; (3) E-work-based learning for remote support to students during internships.
BRITE is seeking a passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young person to join the team and support the e-learning materials development. The E-Learning Education Intern will work with the Materials Development and Monitoring and Evaluation teams to develop ICT support for teacher training, coaching and supervision and resources for TVET Students, Trainers and In Company Instructors.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development, production and on-time distribution of audio and visual e-learning materials.
- Support field testing and quality assurance of audio, visual and tactile e-learning materials, which includes supporting the team in gathering and consolidating information for e-learning materials development.
- Document and review digital materials development, production and distribution processes and any challenges involved within the project.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of workshop presentations.
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of reports related to the project.
- In close collaboration with the E-learning Materials, Monitoring & Evaluation and Communications teams, coordinate the sharing of information related to e-learning work.
- Other duties as required, in collaboration with the E-learning Materials Specialist.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Strong project management, research and organization skills.
- Previous experience and/or strong interest in e-learning programs.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with ability to manage competing proprieties.
- Advanced proficiency in communications applications is preffered (Adobe, photoshop, indesign or illustrator, moviemaker, etc.).
- Previous experience in video and audio development, editing and quality control will be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to EDC’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.