12 Jul Education Project Intern
Partner Organization: Jokkolabs Banjul
Partner Location: The Gambia
Length: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language Requirement: English
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Jokkolabs is an independent non-profit organisation that is an open innovation ecosystem and a virtual cluster for social transformation based on an organic community of entrepreneurs and a network of innovation centres. Jokkolabs is a pioneer in open innovation, digital transformation and social entrepreneurship in Africa, and works to structure an ecosystem where collaborative dynamics bring about change. It’s a creative space: a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, know-how and social awareness across its diverse members. In these spaces, entrepreneurs can develop their ideas, learn together, share their knowledge and experience and, ultimately, co-create.
The Education Project Intern is a passionate and creative individual who is interested in advancing innovative e-learning programs. The intern will be supervised by the Lead / CEO of Jokkolabs Banjul and will also work with the Project Manager and Business Development Manager on education related projects that relate to capacity building and training. The intern will be tasked with specific assignments and collaborative work to help review and research education curriculums with specific objectives or associated education projects.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Lead Trainer to facilitate dynamic and engaging online workshops.
- Support in the development of engaging learning materials for training programs based on Jokkolabs templates.
- Work with Lead Trainer to design, evaluate and update the curriculum for Jokkolabs’ After School Program and summer programs for students.
- Work with the programs team to conduct needs assessments and research best practices to enhance various collaborative projects on topics ranging from digital inclusion, collaborative learning, and entrepreneurship capacity building for startups and youth.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Experience in teaching, curriculum development and/or workshop facilitation.
- Strong interest in education for development, including e-learning.
- Strong project and system management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and organization abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Advanced ability to work on a diverse team.
- Previous experience in conducting research and/or evaluations will be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to Jokkolabs’ mission and values, including youth empowerment, anti-discrimination and entrepreneurship
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.