12 Jul Communications & Digital Media Intern
Partner Organization: YMCA Senegal
Partner Location: Senegal
Length: 4 months
Position Location: Remote
Language: Written and verbal fluency in English and French
Eligibility Requirement: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 19-30 at the start of placements
Placement Period: August 16 – December 17, 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
YMCA Senegal is a youth organization promoting youth development in the Senegalese context. YMCA Senegal’s mission is to build accomplished strong youth people who are responsible to their family, leaders to their peers and committed to their community.
The Communications and Digital Media Intern will be involved in a variety of YMCA Senegal’s program areas, including Education and Training, Health Awareness and Sensitization, and Entrepreneurship. The intern will be an individual who is passionate about youth development and both effective and creative communications. The intern will work to holistically support YMCA Senegal programs from day-to-day operations from a communications lens to community engagement activities under the guidance of YMCA Program Directors.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic communications and social media plans to support the achievement of YMCA Senegal’s objectives.
- Assist the Communications Officer in implementing ongoing communication materials and activities.
- Support in the redesign and updating of the organizational website to more effectively and creatively communicate objectives and program updates, as well as reach a wider target audience.
- Draft, summarize and edit succinct communication pieces of varying lengths for external and internal audiences.
- Review key program documents including project proposals and plans to increase YMCA visibility.
- Develop infographics to creatively convey key messages and data.
- Support in video production, script writing, video editing and photography, as needed.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Bilingual with strong French and English verbal and written proficiency.
- Previous experience and interest in communications, digital media and storytelling.
- Strong multi-media skills in areas such as: graphic design, web development, social media and videography and photography.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, time management, and organization.
- Strong research, strategic thinking and organization skills.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience within the fields of entrepreneurship and youth empowerment is preferred.
- Strong commitment to YMCA Senegal’s mission and values, including youth empowerment and anti-discrimination.
- $18/hour +4% vacation pay
- 37.5 hours/week
- Please note, this remuneration is taxable income that is subject to statutory deductions.
- Career coaching, training, networking, Solutions Lab events, and more!
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.