28 Nov EQWIP HUBs: Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Manager
Job/Title: Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Manager
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, Canada
Schedule: Full-time, 15-month contract
Annual Salary: $70-80,000 (Non-Union Management)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced professional to provide leadership in the areas of HR, volunteer recruitment and health, risk and safety in the context of an international development project operating in Canada and six locations worldwide. Reporting to the Project Director and managing a team of seven, the Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Manager will coordinate external and internal resources responsible for managing the volunteer continuum (from interview stage to post-placement public engagement) and the project’s Canadian based and International HR strategies so as to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBs project.
- Manages volunteer recruitment, management and engagement strategies and provides direction to staff to achieve project objectives
- Leads Human Resource team through the full employment lifecycle of Canadian employees including but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, benefits, payroll, and exit interviews, while implementing and delivering HR services for internationally located HR staff that are compliant with Canadian employment laws and international standards
- Leads Talent Acquisition and Volunteer Engagement teams to develop and implement comprehensive volunteer processes and tools including: pre- and in-country orientations, country volunteer engagement manuals, country risk assessments and health, safety and security plans, post-placement debriefs, and public engagement activities
- Oversees organization risk management and safety frameworks for local staff and volunteers internationally, promoting a culture of proactive risk mitigation and rapid risk responsiveness and systems to respond to, document and report on risk events
- Responds to health, risk and safety incidents, providing guidance and support to the Volunteer Engagement and Human Resource Leads and country staff, in close consultation with the Project Direct and Senior Management Team
- Serves as the HR liaison at the head office for Canadian and overseas staff, maintaining knowledge base of country specific HR laws and issues, identify gaps, and oversee the implementation of a capacity plan in consultation with in-country personnel and legal representatives
- Lead monthly global volunteer management meetings to share information and facilitate best practice sharing across country offices
- Maintain a dynamic working relationship with Programs, Communications and Business Development Teams to align volunteer recruitment systems, reporting, resources and actions with a common organizational strategy
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Project Director
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Experience in managing, motivating and developing staff is required
- Ability to propose creative solutions to complex human resources challenges
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes
- Familiarity with international human resource management and talent acquisition practices (paid and volunteer) is an asset
- Knowledge of employment legislation and reporting requirements and prior experience in managing compliance is an asset
- Strong communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in French and English in a professional setting is preferred
Deadline to apply: Sunday January 20 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org with “Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.