11 Apr EQWIP HUBs: Recruitment Assistant
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: April 29, 2019
Working Location: Ottawa
Schedule: Full Time, 3-month Contract
Salary: $19 per hour
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Recruitment Assistant works with a Recruitment Team to identify, interview and prepare skilled Canadian volunteers for deployment overseas.
- Review volunteer applications, and schedule and conduct phone screening interviews
- Maintain accurate records related to volunteer intake and deployment (statistical information, interview notes etc.)
- Coordinate volunteer travel and liaise with travel service provider
- Provide support to the delivery of pre-departure orientation for volunteers
- Organize the preparation for Canadian volunteers using online and off-line tools for pre-departure training
- Prepare and update volunteer documents and tools
- Assist the recruitment team with other tasks as required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- English fluency required; French fluency is an asset
- Attention to detail and ability to perform administrative tasks efficiently
- Experienced Microsoft Office user – Outlook, Excel, SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with staff at all levels
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and schedules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Deadline to apply: Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Recruitment Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.