17 Jul EQWIP HUBs: HR Coordinator
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, Canada
Schedule: Full-time, 5-month contract
Annual Salary: CAD$50,821 (Non-Union)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Youth Challenge International (YCI) and Canada World Youth (CWY) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, YCI and CWY bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through YCI’s youth innovation initiatives and CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Human Resources Coordinator, reporting to the Finance Manager, will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day HR processes and for maintaining accurate information and records related to contracts and labour law requirements in countries where EQWIP HUBs is active, ensuring all statutory obligations are met vis-à-vis contract staff. In coordination with Finance and Programs Department, the HR Coordinator will research, analyze and recommend actions related to the wind-down of operations in Canada and six international countries.
- Serve as the HR focal point at the head office for local overseas staff on HR resources management matters
- Support the provision of HR services for international and domestic staff that are compliant with Canadian employment laws and international standards
- Support the implementation of policies and procedures for staff in 6 countries along with all required contracts, forms and applications
- Maintain up to date records of country HR laws, policies, regulations etc.
- Develop a roster of short-term consultants with relevant expertise in international project management and country project closure
- Lead the process to recruit, onboard and deploy short term consultants to cover caps in country capacity as required
- Process, track and monitor vacation requests and sick time
- Maintain HR Administration and systems; including timesheets/database/filing etc.
- Provide regular written HR updates that anticipate issues and provide recommendations for resolving these
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Finance Manager
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Degree in Human Resources or a related discipline and/or CHRP or CHRL designation
- 1-3 years generalist or combined specialist experience in one or more functional areas (e.g. Employee Relations, Employment Law, Staffing, Compensation, Organizational & Educational Development)
- Excellent information management skills, synthesizing and organization key information for decision making and archiving
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a track record of implementing new initiatives with successful outcomes
- Excellent judgment and listening skills with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with diplomacy, discretion and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- English fluency required, French fluency or Spanish language skills an asset
Deadline to apply: Sunday, July 27, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.