07 Mar EQWIP HUBs: Finance Manager
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract to March 31, 2020
Annual Salary: CAD $90,000 (Non-Union Management)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Finance Manager leads the Finance Team and is a key member of the project’s senior management team. S/he will oversee adherence to financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems as well as ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Finance Manager will oversee cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management. The Finance Manager will supervise three full time equivalents in the Finance Department and will report to the Project Director.
- Provide strategic advice to the Senior Management Team related to regulatory compliance, risk management, and financial performance
- Provide supervision, coaching and guidance to the Canada based Finance team. Provide technical advice to other departments and collaborate with department leads and senior management to inform strategic and operational organizational plans
- Lead a capacity building program and transfer of competencies to accounting staff in six countries. Provide support and guidance to accountants and provide technical support to Country Managers to maintain high standards of reporting and controls
- Ensure the adequacy of financial controls and apply performance frameworks to identify areas for improvement
- Direct the schedule of financial activities to ensure the timely preparation of reports including monthly management reports, annual and quarterly budget forecasts, performance reports and other reporting as required
- Review and approve financial statements, forecasts and reports, reconciliations, transfer requests and journal entries and payment vouchers
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly reforecasts, monthly cash flow projections, and oversee the review of Canada and International project expenses. Provide guidance to staff throughout the budgeting process
- Develop financial tools and processes that promote team productivity and efficiency
- Lead internal audit preparation
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in work related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with federally funded projects in Canada
- Experience working at a senior level on international develop programs is required
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles
- Budgeting experience
- Proficient skill in analyzing and interpreting financial data
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Experience supervising staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in collaborative cross sector environments and ability to facilitate conversations to solve problems among individuals with diverse perspectives
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work with deadlines
- Energetic and collaborative spirit with the ability to work independently and take initiative and a willingness to develop new skills on the jobs
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- English fluency is required, French fluency and Spanish language skills are assets
Deadline to apply: Wednesday March 20, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Finance Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.