11 Apr EQWIP HUBs: Business Development Coordinator
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start Date: Immediate opening
Working Location: Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto
Schedule: Full-time, 3-Month Contract
Annual Salary: $50,821.48 prorated
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Business Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Business Development Lead, the Business Development Coordinator will use a variety of recruitment techniques to identify, engage, inform and channel prospective Canadian youth volunteers to opportunities with EQWIP HUBs.
- Support talent acquisition by identifying opportunities to engage prospective volunteers through a variety of electronic and in-person channels to drive volunteer applications to the Talent Acquisition Team
- Cultivate relationships with University, College and student/youth-based associations with professional interests in international development
- Participate in recruitment campaigns and promotion activities (kiosk, conference, presentation and social media)
- Use online recruitment tools (LinkedIn) to filter for potential volunteers based on professional, academic and interest criteria
- Provide insight and recommendations to recruitment strategies taking into consideration the socio-demographic characteristics of youth
- Network with candidates who are not immediately available to create a strong pipeline of future talent
- Build positive on-boarding experience, managing and networking within candidate pool and maintaining relationships
- Monitor and report on full cycle recruitment stats and identifying trends
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Business Development Lead
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into compelling calls to action
- Adept at building relationships through calls, webinars, small group meetings and events
- Experience with executing volunteer recruitment strategies
- Motivated to work to time-sensitive recruitment targets
- Excellent organizational abilities; coordination, setting priorities, and multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Fluency in French and English is required
Deadline to apply: Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.