20 Mar Youth Challenge International’s response to COVID-19
The health and safety of Youth Challenge International (YCI) staff, volunteers, interns and communities in which we work is our top priority. As countries around the globe work to stop the spread of COVID-19, YCI has taken the following precautions based on advice from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Public Health Agency of Canada:
- All YCI Canadian staff, volunteers and interns travelling or on placement overseas have returned or repatriated to Canada. All returning staff, volunteers and interns were encouraged to follow self-isolation guidelines established by local and national public health authorities.
- New in-person Canadian volunteer and intern training and international departures have been postponed and we will announce when they resume.
- Recruitment for volunteer and internship programs has been postponed and we will announce when the recruitment process resumes.
- Our office spaces in Toronto, Ottawa and New York have temporarily closed and staff is working from home to support social distancing recommendations.
- Our Canadian programs are continuing, however, YCI will continue to work remotely with program participants until further notice.
YCI is continuing to monitor the situation and will share updates on yci.org as needed.
From all of us at YCI, we wish everyone around the globe safety and good health as we get through these challenging times together.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Youth Challenge International