01 Oct Communications Manager
Location: Canada, Toronto preferred
Contract Length: 2 years, renewable
Commitment: 37.5 hours/week
Compensation: $86,000-90,000 CAD, based on experience, plus comprehensive benefits
Start Date: October 2021
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners, we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will drive the development and implementation of a creative communications and marketing strategy for YCI and its programs. This role requires a motivated and passionate individual who is equally excited about the big-picture vision of what we are doing and the details of what is required to make it happen.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communications Strategy & Work Plan Development: Provide strategic communications and marketing support to YCI’s organizational and program brands, design and implement a creative communications and marketing strategy, and annual work plans; manage annual budget allocations and associated targets.
- Website Management and Digital Marketing: Manage and develop YCI’s existing creative digital media suite, including the monitoring and maintenance of the YCI website and program microsites, social media channels, and online advertising placements, targeting and development; drive digital media and marketing conversion for tracking and SEO.
- Content Development: Develop and deliver creative, engaging, and impactful content, linking to the strategy and culture of YCI and its programs; design and produce communication materials including podcasts, newsletters, blogs, news releases, program reports, social posts, video communications, presentations, program communications plans and other organization and communications materials; develop and implement communications and marketing materials in support of business development and talent acquisition.
- Team & Sub Contractor Management: Provide management oversight and technical support to team member/s supporting communications to achieve their goals and objectives; manage and oversee the work of consultants and suppliers as needed to ensure timely delivery of communications and marketing products on budget; support and collaborate with YCI partners and stakeholders as needed to ensure YCI brand identity; establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with staff and implementing partners to source information and support their communications activities.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in communications, marketing and branding including the development of communications and marketing strategies for a variety of audiences.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work to deadline, and manage multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to create compelling content for multiple target audiences through several different mediums.
- A strong understanding of digital marketing technologies, best practices, and optimization of digital marketing channels and tools including social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), digital advertising and analytics (Google Adwords, Grants and Analytics), and e-mail marketing (Mailchimp).
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with proficiency in website management tools (WordPress, web hosting), fluency in HTML and CSS is also an asset.
- Intermediate skills working with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team yet be comfortable running a project or task independently.
- Fluency in English is essential and French is an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Deadline to apply: October 12, 2021
Please upload your CV and a recent work sample through the button below to apply.APPLY NOW
COVID- 19: YCI continues to monitor the situation and take precautions based on advice from public health agencies. Please note that the selected candidate may be expected to start the position virtually and should be ready to work in person once permitted (for those Toronto-based).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.