14 Apr Climate Programs Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contract length: ASAP – June 30, 2022
Commitment: 37.5 hours/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners, we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
About YCI’s Climate Programs
Youth Challenge International’s Climate Programs encourage youth across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) to design and implement community-based projects to tackle local climate issues. This position will provide support to YCI’s Innovate MY Future program where youth, aged 16-24, collaborate virtually and in person within local teams, build skills, network, and take climate action in their communities.
The Climate Programs Assistant will report to the Climate Programs and Training Lead at YCI. Supporting the Innovate MY Future program, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative, outreach, recruitment, and coordination support. The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator with incredible organization skills and experience working in community-level projects preferably with specific experience in climate activation and youth programming. Previous experience as a volunteer with one of YCI’s Climate Action Programs is desirable.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, and creative candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for someone to join our team who believes in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
- Recruitment and Interviews: Coordinate promotion and marketing of volunteer opportunities and recruitment and onboarding of youth volunteers for climate action; Coordinate and host interviews for prospective program volunteers
- Coordination and Administration: Provide coordination support to YCI’s youth climate action programs; support the coordination of youth teams in community-level project implementation
- Internal and External Communications: Plan and coordinate network-building communication activities to build a supportive community of youth climate action volunteers; attend events and speaking engagements with community organizations, youth groups and classes across the GTHA to share info about Innovate MY Future; draft communications deliverables to capture youth experiences and actions to share with a wide audience.
- Other support tasks as required by Climate Team members.
Skills and Experience
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail and 1+ years of experience in project administration and coordination
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others through engaging communications
- Can see the big picture while keeping a close eye on detail
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative to proactively move work forward, adapt quickly and be counted on to deliver exceptional results
- Reliable and personable with a hands-on approach, proactively moving work forward, managing your time effectively, and can be counted on to follow-through
- Experience collaborating with youth and/or volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
Deadline to apply: April 20, 2022, 11:59pm EST
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Applicant details, short answer question responses and CV are to be submitted at the link below.APPLY NOW
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls or emails about the position can be accepted during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To ensure any incoming emails do not end up in your spam folder, please add email@example.com to your email contact list.