30 May Climate Programs & Training Lead
Location: Toronto, Canada (hybrid – remote and in-office)
Contract Type: 8 months (subject to renewal upon funding)
Commitment: 5 days/week, 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: $72,000 per year
Start Date: June 2022
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners, we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Climate Programs, the Climate Programs & Training Lead will be responsible for creating and leading the implementation of YCI’s Climate and Youth programming. The ideal candidate has demonstrated knowledge and experience in youth engagement, human-centered design thinking, designing experiential learning opportunities and delivering participatory trainings in a virtual setting. The candidate should also have a working knowledge of the climate sector and community-based climate action, specifically in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
- Curriculum Design and Execution: Lead the approach and execution of training and events for youth climate action programs which includes development of program materials, leading engaging events and learning opportunities to support youth in achieving project goals. Oversee dynamic partnerships and consultant relationships for climate action including youth facilitators, facilitation consultants, and others as needed to deliver learning opportunities and programming.
- Youth Mobilization and Engagement: Lead the mobilization and engagement strategy of youth participants in YCI’s climate programs. This will include leading the approach to recruitment, selection, and retention of youth participants as well as the development of outreach and communications plans, in collaboration with the communications team and climate action team.
- Project Management and Participant Success: Lead the strategy for participant retention and climate action project success; manage the Climate Action mentorship program and coaching framework through to implementation. Support the monitoring and evaluation of climate programs through survey dissemination, data collection, analysis and reporting. Collaborate and lead climate action team and event support staff to deliver events and learning opportunities.
- Youth Coaching and Mentorship: Lead the design and implementation of coaching and mentorship frameworks for youth, with support from the climate action team to support youth participants execute project activities and achieve outcomes through local climate action.
- Support to Special Projects and other duties: Provide support to special projects and other duties in coordination with the Climate Programs Manager and/or Executive Director; perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creative program design, curriculum development and program delivery with a focus on human-centered design, climate action, and community-based solutions;
- 3-5 years of direct program management, preferably in the youth and/or environment sector;
- Strong skills in recruitment and participatory training methodologies and experience working with underrepresented youth groups in Canada;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Understanding of the Canadian environmental and youth landscapes;
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills, strong organizational and planning skills; exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment and ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- It would be considered an asset if a candidate has advanced French language skills.
Deadline to apply: June 12, 2022, 11:59pm EST.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage early submissions.
Please submit your CV as a single PDF document, saved in the following format: “First Name Last Name_ Climate Programs and Training Lead” and complete the application questions at the link below.APPLY NOW
Youth Challenge International provides equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Youth Challenge International.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.