15 Nov Climate Action Lead
Title: Climate Action Lead
Contract Type: 14 months
Commitment: 5 days/week
Compensation: $72,000 per year plus full benefits
Start Date: January 2019
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Climate Action Lead will be responsible for leading the implementation of YCI’s Climate and Youth strategy.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
Project Management and Administration
- Project management of youth climate action programs, including innovation + design, planning, internal + external reporting, and monitoring + evaluation;
- Oversee dynamic partnership, sub-contract and consultant relationships for climate action;
- Budget management for efficient use of resources and excellence in results;
- Relationship management with multiple stakeholders for climate action;
- Compilation and composition of donor progress reports;
- Development of outreach and communication plans, in collaboration with YCI’s Communications Lead;
- Coordination and collaboration with key members from the Toronto and partner teams towards the best possible results.
- Recruitment, selection and management of youth participants;
- Organization and facilitation of Learning and Action Labs;
- Provision of support, guidance + coaching for youth participants;
- Development of materials and strategies to support youth in achieving project goals.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and proficiency in climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience and youth programming;
- 5 years of direct program management, preferably in the youth and environment sector;
- Strong skills in recruitment and participatory training methodologies;
- Experience working with underrepresented youth groups in Canada;
- Knowledge and proficiency in budget management;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Understanding of the Canadian environmental and youth landscapes;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- Strong preference for candidates with advanced French language skills.
Deadline to apply: December 2, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Climate Action Lead in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.