15 Nov Climate Action Coordinator (Bilingual)
Title: Climate Action Coordinator
Contract Type: 14 months
Commitment: 20 hours/week
Start Date: February 2019
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the Climate Action Lead, the Climate Action Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of YCI’s Climate and Youth strategy.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate youth climate action programs;
- Coordinate logistics and administration of project activities;
- Maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Assist with the mobilization of government and communities for Climate Action;
- Coordinate promotion and marketing of youth opportunities for Climate Action;
- Assist with recruitment, selection and providing support to youth for Climate Action;
- Assist with project financial administration;
- Maintain well organized documentation of project activities and processes;
- Assist with collection and analysis of project data to assist in achieving project objectives;
- Assist with research and writing for donor progress reports;
- Assist with editing and development of program materials.
- Collaboration with key members from the Toronto and partner teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual in English and French;
- Interest in climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience and youth programming;
- Understanding of the Canadian environmental and youth landscapes;
- Experience in working with youth and volunteers;
- Knowledge and proficiency in administration, planning and organization;
- Experience working with underrepresented youth groups in Canada;
- Excellent communication;
- Strong writing skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
Deadline to apply: January 27, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Climate Action Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.