02 Sep Request for Quote – Digital Content Consultant
Youth Challenge International’s (YCI) Innovate MY Future program, implemented in partnership with Evergreen and funded by Canada Service Corps, has recruited over 100 youth from the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area, ages 16-24, to participate in meaningful, committed service opportunities focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience.
The goal of YCI’s Innovate MY Future is to tap into the unprecedented youth activism for bold climate action and create pathways for passionate youth to connect with their local governments and leaders to learn more about their climate action strategies and focus on solutions. Each of our Climate Action Catalysts are participating in Innovate MY Future’s 8-month volunteer program where they were connected with a team of peers and are matched with a local partner organization that poses a climate challenge question and provides mentorship. Each youth-led Catalyst team also receives coaching and funding to run a local climate action project in their communities.
Summary & Deliverables:
YCI has recruited 100+ volunteers who have been placed in 19 teams across the GTHA region. The teams will be designing their projects August through September and will begin implementing their projects in early October. All trainings, team meetings, project consultations and implementations are happening virtually and YCI wants to show the impact that they are having despite not yet meeting in person. The purpose of this content series is to communicate that youth are still leading climate action and making an impact in their communities amidst current COVID challenges.
YCI is looking to engage a Digital Content Consultant to assist with the storytelling of this program – to communicate its impact on our volunteers as well as their communities.
In the content series, the consultant will engage our volunteers to coordinate submission of pre-recorded content and interviews to share what drives our volunteers to take climate action and why they want to design solutions. This content series could also include video interviews with YCI staff and partners.
This includes, but not limited to, the following deliverables:
- A series of short mp4 videos (minimum 10, up to 60 seconds each) featuring the Innovate MY Future program overall and its volunteers.
- A short write up with corresponding video profile for each Climate Action Catalyst team & their projects
- The series of short 10+ videos and 19 profile write ups are to be completed by October 30
- Increase YCI brand awareness
- Increase awareness of the Innovate MY Future program among YCI volunteers, stakeholders, and current and potential partners
- Enhance current and future volunteer engagement by seeing themselves reflected in YCI communications
Calls to Action:
- Visit youthclimateaction.ca to get involved/take climate action
- Learn more and support youth climate action
- youth can make a difference and have a say in their future
- Youth are continuing to push for bold climate action in their communities even amidst social distancing limitations
- Be compelling and factual – show that there is need for youth to take action now
- showcases impacts/projected impacts of project
- Showcase the personal stories and motivations of our youth participants and what drives them to mobilize for climate action
$4,500 including HST.
Please submit your proposal in a single PDF attachment through the button below by Sunday, September 13 detailing:
- Your vision and approach to fulfilling the deliverables, including scope of work and budget
- Your experience and CV, including past examples of similar work that showcase your fit for this opportunity
- Contact information
- 2 references from past clients or employers
Quotes will be reviewed on a rolling basis and assessed for alignment with the scope of work and proven skills to fulfill deliverables.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for a consultation will be contacted.SUBMIT NOW