|NEWS - FULL STORY
|IYIP Ghana Communications and Mobilization OfficerINTERNATIONAL YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2012|
Position: Communication and Mobilization Officer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Partner Organization: Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana)
Expected Start Date: March 2012
Length of Placement: 7 months
Deadline to Apply: January 2, 2012
Youth Challenge International is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Building on over 20 years of experience, YCI’s programs are designed to meet the needs of youth affected by poverty through three integrated sectors: youth leadership, youth health and youth livelihoods. YCI engages youth in creating solutions to the challenges they face, incorporating youth development, volunteerism, partnership, and equity into all that we do (www.yci.org).
Currently, YES-Ghana is the most extensive non-governmental youth organization in Ghana, run by youth, for youth. YES and YCI have partnered to work on key programming areas throughout Ghana. These include a “Youth Employability” project, which enables Ghanaian young men and women successful earn a sustainable living through employability skills training, entrepreneurship and business creation, as well as an “Active Citizenship” project, which encourages young people to take leadership roles in their communities and ensure their voices are being heard.
• Develop and implement a communications and outreach strategy for a new project that will mobilize youth around the Ghanaian 2012 elections.
• Lead mobilization efforts to engage youth and key stakeholders in the project.
• Maintain a vibrant online community for the project, through a project website and social media.
• Maintain a strong relationship with the media and coordinate all media activities under the project.
Desired Background and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary graduate in communications, international development or related field
• Strong working knowledge of issues related to good governance, gender and youth
• Demonstrated mobilization and campaigning experience
• Good networking skills
• Ability to work in an environment with limited resources
• Experience in web 2.0 and online advocacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess a great deal of initiative and flexibility
• Prior overseas experience an asset
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• Between the ages of 19 and 30
• A post-secondary graduate
• Out of school with no outstanding requirements for graduation
• Ready to begin your professional career
• Unemployed or underemployed
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
What’s Provided by YCI:
• Return airfare
• Pre-departure training and re-orientation upon return
• Living allowance to cover accommodation, food and local transport
• Medical insurance and vaccination stipend
• Visa related costs
• Professional development coaching and support
Please submit a cover letter and CV as a single document to email@example.com by January 2, 2012 with the position you are applying for in the subject line. Inquiries can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org -- no phone calls will be accepted. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
| || |